Global pet product company PetSafe Brand has introduced six new products to its Play & Challenge range, one of its largest category expansions to date.
The additions include four treat-dispensing ‘fun foods’ chew toys for dogs and two new laser toys for cats.
All products in the Play & Challenge range help keep pets busy while also challenging them mentally to keep them actively engaged and alert.
The new additions are available to order through pet wholesale distribution or from PetSafe Brand directly.
Fun foods range
Looking and smelling like snacks, the durable rubber toys help keep dogs’ teeth and gums clean by preventing and removing build-up as they chew on the toys’ textured surfaces, the makers say. They are BPA free and come in a range of sizes and are conveniently dishwasher safe.
* Chompin’ Chicken Treat Holding Toy, RRP from £8.99 – treats can be added by unscrewing the end and adding on a treat ring and for extra tastiness they can smear nut butter or dog toothpaste in the outside grooves
* Cravin’ Corncob Treat Holding Toy, RRP from £13.99 – this corn-shaped treat-dispensing toy is butter-scented and the bumps and bristles help keep teeth clean while chewing. Treat rings can be easily added by unscrewing the ends
* Slab O’Sirloin Treat Holding Toy, RRP from £9.99 – this beef-scented, steak-shaped toy lets owners add up to two treat rings to its refillable SnapFit treat-holding cups and owners can smear food or toothpaste into the grooves to keep their dog entertained even longer
* Frosty Cone, RRP from £4.99 – an ice cream-shaped rubber treat toy that helps dogs cool down while keeping them entertained. The toy holds dogs’ frozen treats like flavoured water, broth, peanut butter, yoghurt or even wet food for a slow feed option.
Electronic play for cats
As well as the new dog range, PetSafe has introduced two new laser toys to make playtime even more fun for cats.
* Zoom Automatic Laser Light, RRP £26.99 is a hands-free toy with two darting red dot lasers that rotate 360 degrees. The Zoom also shuts off after 15 minutes to prevent cats from becoming over-stimulated
* Laser Tail Automatic Laser Light, RRP £20.99 – this mobile automated laser toy moves around the floor randomly, while its laser ‘tail’ follows behind and creates patterns that are visually interesting to cats. The toy always moves away from the laser to ensure the cats are the ones creating the chase
Rob Steele, marketing manager at PetSafe, said: “Our Play & Challenge range is one of our best performing categories and we’re excited to be adding to the range with a set of products we’re confident both dog and cat owners will love.
“As pet parents begin to spend increasing amounts of time away from their pets post lockdown, finding new ways to keep pets active and engaged has never been more important and we’re looking forward to hearing our customers’ feedback on the range.”