A Pets at Home worker has died after being flown to hospital with critical injuries last week.
The 39-year-old man was described as a ‘valued colleague’, the Stoke Sentinel reported.
Emergency services had been to the Pets at Home warehouse in Campbell Road, Stoke, on October 4 following reports that the man was ‘trapped in a piece of machinery’.
Firefighters worked to free him and he was flown to Royal Stoke University Hospital.
A Pets at Home spokesman said: “We are devastated by the death of our colleague, Shaun. He was a valued colleague at our Campbell Road Distribution Centre and we will miss him very much.
“Our focus now is on supporting Shaun’s family, friends and colleagues at this incredibly difficult time.
“We are also continuing to assist the relevant authorities with their investigations into this tragic event however we can.”
The Health and Safety Executive has been informed of the death and an investigation is ongoing.