A dog from Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire, has undergone life-saving emergency surgery after swallowing a video game.
Staffordshire bull terrier Rocco was taken to a PDSA pet hospital in Glasgow after he began vomiting and could not eat.
An X-ray of the four-year-old dog showed a rectangular-shaped object in his small intestine that turned out to be a Nintendo DS cartridge. Owner Sean Johnston said: “We don’t own a Nintendo so we’re baffled as to where he got it from.
“He’s a rescue dog and we’ve only had him for about six months so the only thing we can think is that it was from his previous owners – who knows how long it’s been in there.”
The surgeon carried out the operation immediately and the dog has made full recovery, the Sky News reported.