Pet food brand Canagan has listed the possible signs of depression to look out for in dogs as part of Mental Health Awareness Week.
Some of the signs may include:
– Exhibiting low activity levels
– Loss of interest in the things they once enjoyed
– Showing signs of anxiety or aggression through sporadic howling or whining
– Excessive licking, especially to their paws.
The company also lists some practical things dog owners can do with their pet at home to help overcome their mood, including:
– Offering their dog more attention, though it is important to offer this added attention in moderation
– Keeping their dog active with regular walks and playtimes
– Taking their pet to socialise with other dogs.
More information on the subject and other tips can be found on Canagan’s website.