Full Time, Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full-time Junior Buyer to join the purchasing team at our family-run company currently based in Crawley, West Sussex. If you’re passionate for career progression, look no further as we quickly identify individuals who are performing well that we are keen to nurture. As a successful, rapidly-growing business we need great people, and we tend to find that great people develop great careers with Pets Corner.
• Support and work alongside the Head Buyer & Commercial Director through various tasks including product development.
• Call, meet, maintain and build excellent relationships with new & existing suppliers.
• Confidently work with suppliers on price negotiations, promotions and trading agreements.
• Liaise and communicate with different departments within the company.
• Recognise trends and sales opportunities.
• Attend buying trips and trade shows as needed within the UK and internationally.
• Ability to effectively prioritise workload and to work well on own initiative and as part of a team.
• Commercially minded with excellent communication skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office (especially Outlook & Excel).
• Understand and work to the Pets Corner values.
• Flexibility to travel (UK and Internationally).
• Self-motivated, organised and enthusiastic to the job role.
• Fast learner, adapt to changes, proactive and creative.
• Previous management or purchasing experience within the pet retail sector.
We are different from other pet retailers in the UK. We're an award-winning, family-run business with good old fashioned values such as knowledgeable, friendly staff and quality products that last, as well as the best animal welfare in the industry. Although Pets Corner continues to grow, we are still a family business at heart so you can be sure you are a name, not a number.
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com