From hydrotherapy to the number of parks, vets and dog salons in major UK towns and cities, a new study by comparethemarket.com reveals the best UK locations for ‘pooch pampering’.
1. Nottingham: Famed for its legends of Robin Hood, Nottingham is also the capital for indulging dogs. With more than 16 large parks and 14 dog salons across the city, and with the third highest number of dog-training facilities (totalling 71), Nottingham takes the top spot
2. Liverpool: The Liver Birds’ city ranks second with 11 dog grooming salons, 261 kennels and a whopping 107 parks
3. Hull: The 2017 UK City of Cuulture is in third place thanks to its 26 dog training centres, 116 kennels situated across the city, and 46 parks
4. Birmingham: the West Midlands city takes fourth place with 26 dog salons, 84 dog training facilities and an impressive 205 vets
5. Edinburgh: The Scottish capital has 26 dog training centres, 25 vets, and 155 parks.