A dog started a house fire when it managed to turn on a microwave oven.
The husky-type dog, which was home alone in the house in Stanford-le-Hope, Essex, turned on the worktop appliance.
A packet of bread rolls already placed inside began to burn and caused a small fire, Essex Fire Service said.
The owner was alerted to the fire by an app on their mobile phone, reported the BBC News.
Geoff Wheal, watch manager at Corringham Fire Station, called it a ‘very strange incident’ and said firefighters found the kitchen filled with smoke. They made sure the flames did not spread to the rest of the house. The dog was not hurt, the service added.