The second in a series of e-commerce webinars organised by PetQuip and Gardenex is being held on July 1.
Called ‘Set-up and sell successfully on marketplaces – an introduction for B2C and B2B’, the webinar is being hosted in conjunction with the Department for International Trade plus Salesupply and Infinity Blue.
Organisers say that online marketplaces offer great opportunities for brands and manufacturers to grow their global revenue, but that firms need to understand the opportunities, challenges – real and perceived – and how they can be met and overcome.
The webinar is designed for companies that are considering launching on marketplaces, or have just started on the journey. It will address some key questions to aid better-informed decisions on strategy and day-to-day operation, including where to go for help.
Topics covered will include:
* Are marketplaces suitable for you and if so which one to choose?
* What capabilities do you need?
* Putting together your own strategy
* What about channel conflict, ‘race to the bottom’ etc?
* A few words on B2B marketplaces
The webinar is the second in a series designed by Gardenex and PetQuip to provide valuable insights and practical support for members in expanding their international sales online in a profitable manner.
The presenters are:
* Frank van den Berg is the CEO of InfinityBlue Marketplaces, a company that takes a highly practical and profit-focussed approach to supporting brands and manufacturers setting up and optimising their performance on Amazon, Tmall and 10 other platforms.
* Jatin Bhurabhai from the E-Exporting programme team within the Department of International Trade will be presenting an outline of the services available for UK exporters under the programme.
* Charlie Parker, the commercial manager of Gardenex and PetQuip trade associations, whose services and benefits help member companies increase their business success.
Amanda Sizer Barrett, director general of Gardenex and PetQuip, said: “If you are a manufacturer or brand owner in the gardening, pet, outdoor and leisure industries and considering selling directly to customers online then this webinar is for you.”
Companies interesting in attending can contact [email protected] or [email protected]. Anyone who cannot make the date will be able to access the presentation at a later date if registered in advance.