Wacky Catty


Weird and Wonderful

29th January 2018

By Lloyd Lugsden

A woman came home to find her cats sprawled on the floor after eating marijuana.

The owner, from Massachusetts, US, found her cats in a semi-conscious state after the animals apparently ate all of her marijuana plants in less than 20 minutes.

Recreational cannabis has been legal in the state of Massachusetts since last year, according to a report the Evening Standard.

Simon Doherty, junior vice-president of the British Veterinary Association, warned cat owners against exposing their pets to the potentially poisonous substance.

“It could be potentially a nasty type of poisoning that could occur. Cat owners have a responsibility to ensure the health and welfare of animals, and need to make sure that anything that is potentially poisonous is kept well away.”