Simpsons Launches New Dog Food

Search
Directory

NEWS

Simpsons launches new dog food
22nd February 2013

by Karen Pickwick


Simpsons has launched a new range of dog food. Owners Craig and Lisa Simpson say their Wigan-based business is the first in the UK to produce an 80/20 food.

It has been a huge success since its launch to the retail market and the company, started in 2009, has already exported to both Northern and Southern Ireland and to Holland and has had many enquiries from within Europe as well as the United Emirates and Nigeria. 

The range includes two products for Adult dogs: 80% Mixed Meat and 80% Fish.  The remaining 20% is made up of fruit, vegetables and botanicals, making it a totally grain-free food.  As with all Simpsons’ products, it contains prebiotics and a joint pack.

Managing director Craig said: “Our goal was to produce a variety of super premium natural foods using only the best high-quality, human-grade ingredients that is affordable to both the retailer and the end consumer.

“As our food is made in the UK this helps to keep costs down while maintaining a good margin for the retailer.  As our products are sent directly from our own warehouse we have the flexibility to be able to offer a next day delivery service with a minimum mixed order of 24kg.

“When we look at all the products we produce we ask ourselves, ‘Would we feed this to our dogs?’  Like in most households our dogs are no longer considered pets but family members and we want to provide them with the best food we possibly can.”

These two products have been added to complement Simpsons’ other two natural ranges, premium with brown rice and a high meat (45%) sensitive grain-free range.