Teat Ering On Lethal

Search
Directory

NEWS

Teat-ering on lethal
12th August 2017

By Lloyd Lugsden

An x-ray stunned vets when they discovered the cause of Diesel the dog’s tummy upset – a teat from a baby’s bottle.

Diesel’s owner, Paula Balint, took the young Staffordshire bull terrier to PDSA’s Swansea pet hospital after he began to refuse food.

Paula, from Port Talbot, said: “The vets said they would need to do some X-rays. I couldn’t believe it when they told me that he’d swallowed a baby bottle teat.”

 The teat was removed in an emergency operation before it caused a fatal blockage.
 


Diesel with PDSA vet care assistant Nick O'Connor and the bottle teat