Assistant manager job description
Distribution and Customer Services,
Unit 2 Riparian Court,
Assisting the general manager with day-to-day responsibilities, overseeing staff and providing stable leadership to the company.
Given the responsibilities involved, this role would normally be working a standard 40-hour week, hours vary between 8am and 8pm.
We are looking for a responsible Assistant Manager to assist a General Manager and fill in for them when they’re absent. Your work will be critical in ensuring the team meets its goals of efficiency and customer satisfaction.
Our ideal candidate will be someone that is dedicated and has ambition combined with a strong business mindset. You should also be able to solve problems and organise situations quickly. Interpersonal and mediation skills will be very useful, since you’ll often be acting as a point of contact between manager, employees and customers.
The goal is to secure the effective operation of our business and the satisfaction of our customers.
• Assist the manager in organizing, planning and implementing strategy
• Coordinate operations
• Ensure schedules and objectives are met
• Supervise and motivate staff
• Handling customer complaints and resolving issues that customer services employees are not authorised to resolve on their own
• Maintaining a safe and clean work environment and implementing health and safety policies and procedures keeping updated within the field
• Keeping day-to-day staff activities organised
• Create reports, analyse and interpret data
• Take a lead role in the recruitment process and training & development
• Secure adherence to company’s policies and guidelines
• Proven experience as assistant manager or similar position
• Experience in recruiting and performance evaluation is an asset
• Familiar with customer service principles and practices
• Knowledge of data analysis procedures
• Proficient user of MS Office
• Leadership and organizational abilities
• Analytical mind with good math skills
• Interpersonal and communication skills
• Own transport is required
We offer a good rate of remuneration which is dependent on experience.
For more details email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01535 280319 and ask for John.