Naturediet Pet Foods was one of the first pet food manufacturers to introduce a natural wet pet food some 40 years ago. The company’s main office is in Ickburgh, Norfolk and remains a family owned and run business.
During 2016, Naturediet rebranded its packaging and increased its product range from eight to 32 products including the launch of small packs, grain free, dry food to complement the range and treats. The new treats were awarded the Best Dog & Treat Food 2016 at PATS in Telford and Naturediet was also awarded Pet Food Manufacturer of the Year at the Pet Industry Federation Awards in November 2016.
In September 2016 Naturediet launched its new website that resulted in increased activity on the website and associated social media platforms.
In order to further support the business development and growth, Naturediet is recruiting for two positions which will be based at their head office in Norfolk, a Business Development Manager and a Marketing Manager reporting directly to the Managing Director.
The Marketing Manager shall manage the day to day marketing activities of the company and the long-term marketing strategy to meet agreed company objectives:
• To execute sales activities and co-ordinate marketing campaigns with sales activities
• Improve product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying and capitalising on market opportunities
• Manage the design and production of all promotional marketing material, both on and offline
• To prepare, manage and execute through online and print marketing campaigns
• To achieve frequent, timely and positive media coverage across all relevant and available media
• Develop articles, broadcasts, features and adverts placed reviewing the publications and platforms used
• To create, update and review a comprehensive portfolio of company marketing collateral catering for the business needs
• To create and maintain a portfolio of brand assets complete with brand guidelines and ensure full compliance at every touch point
• To accomplish marketing and sales objectives by planning, implementing and evaluating advertising, merchandising and trade promotion programmes
• Study competitors’ activity, products, pricing and promotions, competitors’ strengths and weaknesses and identifying marketing opportunities
• Keeping up-to-date with industry trends, best practice and news within both the marketing and pet trade industries
• Organise and attend shows and awards where appropriate.
The applicant will ideally
• Preferably have a relevant degree for the role applied for
• Experience in the pet trade preferred
• Be personable, presentable and articulate
• Have effective project management skills
• For the marketing role have strong copywriting skills and the ability
to communicate complex ideas
• Be computer proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Salary negotiable dependent on experience and associated benefits. Both roles are newly created and will allow the candidates to fully develop their own role and are available immediately.
Applications to be sent to Carol Orrow, CEO, email@example.com or by post, marked confidential to:
Naturediet Pet Foods Ltd, Swaffham Road, Ickburgh, Norfolk, IP26 5HX.
Closing date for Applications is 31st December 2016